Joining economically disadvantaged children on a Pathway to Purpose.
Connecting students with meaningful educational and vocational growth opportunities after high school puts them on a pathway to purpose and providing for themselves. Elevate is striving for 100% post-secondary placement for students who in the Pathways to Purpose College & Career program.
Elevate Pathway to Purpose programming creates an avenue to increase future earning power and climb out of intergenerational poverty. We connect students to places and people they would otherwise not be able to access their own. Pathways provides students with many first time and unique experiences, including engaging Indy companies, area colleges and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
Pathways to Purpose is organized around four themes designed to connect students with post-secondary opportunities including:
- – Exposing students to colleges, careers, and businesses;
- – Equipping student with soft skills, leadership, and financial literacy training;
- – Empowering students with college and career mentoring, social-emotional support, career & personality assessments, ACT/SAT prep sessions; and
- – Engaging students in internships, job shadowing, apprenticeships, and community college events.
The goal for each graduating student is that they secure post-secondary placement by enrolling in either college, military or trade school. By earning a diploma and receiving preparedness training while in high school, students are more likely to earn admittance into post-secondary opportunities and succeed once enrolled. The postsecondary placement rate for Elevate Pathways to Purpose students is 73% higher than the average rate for non-Elevate students.
The relationship between educational attainment and income, employment, and health are well documented. These savings can generate economic impact that benefits residents and employers throughout Indianapolis for generations to come. These benefits are passed onto employers. Employers may accrue benefits across a number of dimensions including:
- – Recruitment costs;
- – Training costs;
- – New hire costs; and
- – Turnover rates.
Assuming Marion County median wages, turnover rates, and national hiring cost averages, these benefits add up. Employers can save as much as $10,800 per each Elevate Pathways to Purpose student hired.
- Annual teacher-appreciation luncheons for our George Washington and Arsenal
Tech High School staff.
- Business Vision Trips.
- Resume prep and review sessions with students after school.
- Classroom guest career speakers can be scheduled in both the fall and the spring
to provide their professional story with our students.
- Elevate Beyond volunteers co-facilitate topics with our staff, including completing college and scholarship applications and sharing information on preparing for college life.
- Budgeting 101 sessions with a small group of Elevate high schoolers and a teacher-mentor