Elevate’s unique, relationship-based approach employs full-time staff who represent the community they serve. Part teacher, part mentor, part life coach, our dedicated team members make themselves available 24/7 to build relationships with students. The strength of these relationships is developed through four key program components.
We’re currently operating in Arsenal Tech High School, School 74, and Harshmann Middle School.
COLLEGE & CAREER
fivE distinct elements of the Elevate model
- Full-time, salaried teacher-mentors who are representative of our student population are available to their Elevate students 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our staff works with students from year to year. This long-term relational approach allows for a “pipeline” of influence from 2nd through 12th grade.
- We focus students’ attention and energy into four program areas: Accredited Classes, Mentoring, Adventure, and College & Career.
- Cross-age mentoring allows our high school students to become leaders and role models for elementary youth.
- Elevate is not limited to the school year. Our year-round programming ensures students stay engaged.
building character and life skills
- Elective accredited class taught in public schools
- Year-long, day-by-day curriculum which focuses on Elevate’s 13 key character qualities and life skills
- Fully aligned with Common Core State Standards and Social and Emotional Learning (CASEL) Competencies
- Students collaborate through experiential learning, group activities and discussions
- Cross-age mentoring occurs when high school students teach similar lessons to elementary age students weekly
- Click here for an in-depth description of the curriculum.
Walking alongside students
- Teacher-mentors spend 50% of their time outside of the classroom mentoring high school and junior high school students
- Teacher-mentors are available to their student on evenings, weekends, and over the summer
- Teacher-mentors pay attention to the whole child — discovering their talents, interests, and hopes for the future through activities and quality time
- Teacher-mentors represent a positive role model in a student’s life, influencing the trajectory of their future
growth through challenge
- Elevate believes in pushing students to explore life beyond their comfort zone
- Through new and challenging experiences, students are developing teamwork and leadership skills
- Adventure activities include rafting, skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, and more
college & Career
The next step
Elevate ensures that all of our students have a plan for the future. We provide assistance with the following steps:
- Career planning
- College scholarships
- Admissions applications
- Practice interviews
- Exam preparation