Teacher-Mentor Position Profile
Elevate Indianapolis exists to build long-term, life-changing relationships with urban youth, equipping them to thrive and contribute to their community. The role of the Teacher-Mentor is the high calling to sacrificially serve the next generation of our city through executing the complete model of Elevate Indianapolis by investing a balanced 50/50% teaching students during the school day and outside the school day through life on life mentoring.
Ideal Teacher-Mentor candidates will have lived in urban Indianapolis, attended Indianapolis Public Schools, received post-secondary training, represent the communities we serve, bilingual and feel called to serve urban students through whole life mentoring and educational equity programming.
- VISION– We plan for and commit to a better future.
- COURAGE– We take risk to do good.
- INTEGRITY– We live out our values consistently.
- RESPONSIBILITY -We fulfill our commitments faithfully.
- POSITIVE WORK ETHIC– We work with all of our heart.
- RESPECT– We honor ourselves, others, and the world around us.
- CARING– We meet others in their place of need.
- Pioneering opportunity to provide hope for urban youth through dynamic relationships, highly effective in-class experience, after-school/summer programs, and planning for the future.
- Competitive salary — Range between $37k-$45k depending on experience.
- 100% employer-paid health/dental/vision/life insurance for employee (opportunity- ty for employee to pay premium for spouse/family coverage)
- Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy, in addition to mental health day allowances.
Potential candidates may submit their resume and cover letter.