Prospective BOD member,
It is a privilege for Elevate Indianapolis to serve the central Indiana community through our mission- Building long-term life-changing relationships with urban youth equipping them to thrive and contribute in their community
Founded in 2016 replicating Elevate USA’s national model with a 40-year history, Elevate Indianapolis is a relationship-based program that engages students with a full-time staff of teacher- mentors during school, after-school, on weekends, and during the summer months. This hybrid approach merging after-school programming and in-class learning allows for deeper relationships and direct insight into the child as a whole. We operate two service pipelines, one with an operational base at Arsenal Tech High School (working with Theodore Potter Elementary and Harshman Middle School), which started in 2016, and a second based at George Washington High School (working with Matchbook Learning K-8 Elementary School), which started in the fall of 2019.
Unique to the Elevate program, our teacher-mentors are privately funded through a diverse donor base, allowing for greater flexibility and engagement with students and low teacher-to-student ratios. Elevate teaches these classes, which are Indiana Department of Education approved, on our partner school campuses as part of our students’ daily class schedules.
- VISION– We plan for and commit to a better future.
- COURAGE– We take risk to do good.
- INTEGRITY– We live out our values consistently.
- RESPONSIBILITY-We fulfill our commitments faithfully.
- POSITIVE WORK ETHIC– We work with all of our heart.
- RESPECT– We honor ourselves, others, and the world around us.
- CARING– We meet others in their place of need.